Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Bad Humor Watch: Drudge Report

Bad journalistic practices and rightward-slanted headlines notwithstanding, the Drudge Report has it's place, and you can't argue that Matt Drudge was a pioneer in internet news reporting. But they need to stay the hell away from humor, because the Drudgettes and Drudge readers clearly are, if you'll excuse my languange, fucking idiots.

I give you exhibit A, where readers were asked to "caption the photo" of Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame. It is not funny. I DARE you to laugh.

www.drudgereport.com/plame.htm [Dead link: they must have read this post]

Reader-submitted "caption the photo" contests are designed by idiots for idiots.

Matt Drudge, stay away from humor and I'll stay away from misleading rightist news reporting.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Colin said...

I laughed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home